Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums  

Go Back   Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums > MMLA Board

Old November 11th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default Discuss proposed post card on Birch Ridge

Note from Russ

Attached is the proposed post card encouraging Lake Property Owners to register and vote in next year’s annual town meeting. This would be mailed to all existing MMLA members and all other lake property owners on our mailing list, some of which may no longer be members. I do not yet have an exact count or pricing. The postcard and the concepts are simple and we think this will be looked at and understood by the recipient. Comments? -Russ

http://mmlake.org/MMLA_documents/MMpostcard.pdf

Old November 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Response from Charlie

That is a very good picture taken on a beautiful day, but I'd prefer to use one that shows Birch Ridge. I seem to recall seeing a great one of Birch Ridge with fall colors with the calm blue lake in the foreground that may have been on the website this summer or early fall, probably taken from the east end. I can't find it on the web site now. Does anyone else remember seeing it, and if so could we get a look at it?

Old November 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator

From Jan Abbott

I agree with Charlie

Old November 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Administrator

and my 2 cents to bring this up to date...

The picture you mention was mine (attached), but it was a far from beautiful day, cloudy and cool as I recall. Regardless, while I appreciate the compliment and I agree with your point that the Ridge should be in the picture, it is in both. The currently proposed picture also has the area of proposed development straight ahead in the middle of the horizon. More importantly, the proposed picture is instantly recognizable as Merrymeeting and is a view that all on the lake will relate to. We want people to have an immediate reaction to seeing the picture. Unless you are very familiar with the area, my picture could be of many ridges on many lakes in the area.

Getting back to the postcard content, one suggestion I would make is to add a line where people can get more information.

"Go to mmlake.org for more information, to ask questions, or to discuss this key issue about the future of our community"

I'm sure that many will have questions after getting the postcard, many of the same ones that often come up; "If I do want to register, how?", "Can someone who's primary residence isn't at the lake vote?", etc. Pointing them to the website and forums would give them the opportunity to ask and get more info, and allow us to market more, without trying to cram too much information onto the card.

BTW, I've also taken the liberty to move this discussion and comments to date to the Directors only forum for those who would like to continue there.

Mark