Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums  

Go Back   Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums > MMLA Board

Old May 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default Asking for help

Hi,

As I've mentioned before in board meetings, I'd really like to see the introduction to the association information updated on the website. Right now it is mostly blank.

New residents or potential members don't see much in the way of welcome when they come to the site. How do they join the association? What are the benefits? How much does it cost? etc.

I suggest we use this forum to begin development of what I would eventually post on the public website. Trying it this way, we don't need just one person to take on the full responsibility. Someone can start, then others can edit or add comments along the way. Once complete, I'll move the final text to the appropriate web pages.

Who's willing to start?

Mark

Last edited by webmaster; May 16th, 2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Merrymeeting Expert

For starters, we could scan in the application form, (with newly revised dues) and the approved minutes from previous BOD meetings and why not put in the charter for the organization?
We could also put in the paragraph from the newsletter announcing the formation of the Land Conservation Fund.
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Hi,

I'll be posting the application form on the website shortly, after updating it to reflect the new dues structure.

I had started posting minutes but we agreed to stop for awhile once we began discussing the legal issues at the end of S. Shore Rd. But that was before creating this BOD only forum. I will begin posting them as they are approved and become available from this point on.

The bylaws are already posted here. http://mmlake.org/mmla_director_info.htm

The electronic version of the newsletter will be posted here later this week once everyone has received a hardcopy via email.

The key piece to all of this that's missing is a nice intro page, describing the purpose of the association (in simple words, not the bylaws), how to join, the benefits of joining, etc. This would be something geared toward new lake residents or those who have not yet joined, and something that is more geared toward the marketing/advertising aspect than the dry association documents.

Thanks for the input so far.

Mark