Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums  

Go Back   Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums > Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums > General Discussion

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Merrymeeting Knowledge

Default Hurricaine Irene

How is the weather at the lake?
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Hi miki,

A bit late for a response but most of the lake was without power through much of the storm. Power was restored for most of the lake by mid-day yesterday, but the eastern end is still without power.

The storm didn't seem too bad at the lake during the middle of the storm, at least from my view on Broad Cove. The lake was actually relatively calm through much of it, except for the occasional gusts.

As everywhere, we had a LOT of rain. The lake right now is about as high as it gets, similar to the level just after the snow melt in the Spring. I drove to the east end on Sunday afternoon and the brook coming into the lake was flowing more strongly than I've ever seen it.

Most of the damage seems to have been inflicted after the main storm passed through and the skies had mostly cleared. I, and others, were awakened many times during the night on Sunday night as the wind was very strong and the gusts were much higher than they were during the passing of the main part of the storm.

In summary, some damage, and the annoyance of no power (still for some). But not as bad as it could have been.