Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums  

Go Back   Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums > Merrymeeting Lake Association Forums > Boating on Merrymeeting

Old February 13th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Rookie Member

Default Roads along lake

I am a newbee to the lake and was just curious. Is there a bike/walking path that one can take from the end of north shore road to south shore? Or is this frowned upon by whomever ownes the land? I would like to take bike trips with my kids this summer but dont want to upset any land owners.
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Merrymeeting Expert

Hi,

I'm fairly sure it's private property once the pavement ends on North Shore Rd. I'd double check before you go through there!

Someone else might know about walking trails that go all the way around the Lake but I don't!

Bob
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Merrymeeting Expert

Default access along the lake

Bob is correct. It is private property from the end of North Shore Road. It is a gravel road and some folks have legal access to use it. It has not been a problem in the past for hikers and bicyclists to use it, but it is posted. Camp Lions Pride Road comes in from the east all the way to the camp. Although private, this should not be a problem at all. There is no access from the camp to South Shore Road however, and the landowner at the end of South Shore is not rumored to be very friendly to trespassers.